North Nova 2023
Your everything. A wing with power when needed, leaving no rider wanting. Maximum low-end to get you up on the foil earlier. Top-end performance that lets you exploit gusty conditions. A wing that feels stable and balanced to fly, has lift through manoeuvres and feels light in your hands.
The 2023 Nova has a structurally balanced freeride shape for enhanced aerodynamic performance. Engineered for stability in gusty winds, the new Nova has a progressive swept outline and refined profile section, making it easier to handle and more stable when riding. Your front and back arm pressure is even, not backhand-heavy. The wing creates lift so that you can glide through turns effortlessly without any tail drop.
Precise yet compliant. The wingtip geometry and balanced dihedral also prevent oscillation side-to- side when gripping the front handle, riding downwind swell, surfing, or simply walking towards the water.
With a sweet spot so generous, it makes hard things easy. The new draft-forward curvature in the profile section generates more lift in the front of the wing. This makes transitions smoother and, when combined with improved canopy tensioning, boosts Nova’s low-end power. So much so you can drop down a size.
The stiffer, more responsive airframe and tighter skin tensioning mean the canopy stays clean through a wider wind range. We’ve minimised flutter and created a clean trailing edge release with reduced drag.
To ensure the wing remains stable and comfortable in overpowered conditions, we've tapered the leading-edge diameter, concentrating the stiffness in the LE centre and allowing the reflexed wingtips to dump excess power.
Master of the upwind, glide through tacks, float through gybes, and lofty jumps with bonus hangtime. Whatever goal you’re chasing, the Nova will send you there faster.
• Stable balanced geometry
• Maximum low-end power for instant up & go
• Swept outline with pulled-in tips
• Stiffer, more responsive airframe
• Cleaner canopy and TE tensioning
• Load-bearing panel layout
• Bigger wind range
• Reduced overall weight
• Lighter feel with uplift for effortless transitions
• Tapered reflexed wingtips for top-end de-power
• Depowered trailering stability
• Wide-angle window positioning
• Versatile and easy to use
• Excellent loft and hangtime
• Independent dual-inflation pressure for strut and LE
• New N-HTRS High-Performance Canopy Material
• Durable and lightweight Dacron LE/Strut material
• Intuitive rigid GripLock handles (optional Carbon handles sold separately)
• New silicon knuckle guard under depower handle
• New strategic STPU scuff protection
• New lighter-weight bladder material, reinforced in high-wear areas